Lumenary is an interactive art installation that was displayed at Portland’s 2019 Winter Light Festival. It was conceived as a modern-day interpretation of Hildegard von Bingen’s illuminated manuscript Humanity and Life., celebrating the interconnected nature of life and the cosmos - a message desperately needed in today’s divisive times.
- 1/2” pine for the scultpure frame and stand
- cotton sheet for the canvas
- crystals of various forms to reflect the light –> stars
- programmable LED strips and Adafruit NeoPixels
- Arduino and Raspberry Pi microcontrollers
- various stones, pieces of wood
- acrylic paint
If you would like to read more, please visit my blog posting about the build process.